Vodacom Red Father and Son Sleepout Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Red Father and Son Sleepout Competition (the “Competition”) on the wwwqa.vodacom.co.za/red platform.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom Red subscribers in South Africa only and runs from 08h00 on 1 February 2018 to 23h59 on 28 February 2018 (“End Date”).
2. One hundred (100) lucky entrants each stand a chance to win a spot on the Vodacom Red Father and Son Sleepout at Loftus Versfeld for him and his son/s, valued at R20000 (Twenty thousand Rand) for the total package per winner (the “Grand Prize”). A maximum of two (2) children per father is allowed.
3. The Grand Prize includes the following:
a. Tented accommodation (excluding sleeping bags / bedding);
b. Food and beverages;
d. Gifts and/or promotional items at Vodacom’s discretion;
4. The Grand Prize excludes the following:
a. Travel to and from the venue;
b. Sleeping bags / bedding;
c. Any other costs incurred by the Grand Prize winner in entering or claiming the prize;
d. Any medical vaccinations if required;
e. Any changes made to the itinerary by the winner which results in any costs being incurred such as change of flights, additional accommodation etc.
5. Winners are not allowed to bring their own additional food and beverages, including but no limited to alcoholic beverages.
6. Qualifying entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition when –
a. Signing up to the Vodacom Red Reward page on wwwqa.vodacom.co.za/red
b. Selecting the Father and Son Sleepout Reward;
c. Completing their details in the information box;
d. Submitting their entry form by clicking on the submit button;
7. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older.
8. Sons who accompany winners to the event must also be between four (4) and thirteen (13) years old.
9. The winners will be randomly selected by means of a random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
10. The winners of the prizes will be informed of where and how to accept their invite, and this will be communicated to them when notified that they have been selected for the prizes stated above. The winners should be reachable, using the cell phone number provided to participate in the Competition, for a period of 48 hours after the draw.
11. This Competition is exclusive to Vodacom Red accounts holders, the Vodacom Red account must be fully paid up to date and in good standing. This will be verified by Vodacom before potential winners are contacted. Entries received from Vodacom Red business accounts (only) held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
12. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations regarding the Competition as well as regarding the prizes shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
13. Notwithstanding the fact the prizes vests on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the dates stipulated in clause 4 above or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited.
14. Each qualifying submission as stipulated in clause 5 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition. Only one submission is allowed per Vodacom Red customer.
15. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
16. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
17. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
18. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying Vodacom Red contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
19. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
20. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Openfield Marketing) for running the Competition only.
21. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved agency (Openfield Marketing) who will notify the winner that he/she has won the Competition and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to affect the prize fulfilment.
22. Openfield Marketing (“Openfield”) will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Openfield shall attempt to contact the winner as stipulated in clause 4 in these Terms and Conditions.
23. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
24. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
25. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant. The prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash.
26. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
27. If the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract / existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract / existing qualifying contract.
28. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
29. Vodacom shall request each winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
30. Winners of the competition/reward are responsible for their own transport should they reside outside of the city of which the prize/reward is hosted/redeemed. Winners will be responsible for their own flights, vehicle transfers, train transfers or any other transport required to redeem the prize/reward
31. No prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
36. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
37. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
38. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
39. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
40. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Competition or for any loss or damage, death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
41. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
42. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
43. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify the participant that they are rejected. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.