If you’re still concerned about data consumption, SMS notifications make it really easy for you to keep track of how much you’re using.
- On a Contract? You get notifications at various intervals to ensure you know how much data is remaining.
- On Prepaid? You get two data usage notifications; at 5MB and when your bundle has run out.
Data device can’t receive SMSs?
Have your tablet, router or modem’s data notifications sent to another cellphone number instead!
- Put your data SIM into a cellphone and SMS ‘altnum (alternative cellphone number)’ to 123, for FREE! Example: ‘altnum 082xxxxxxx’.
Prefer daily email notifications?
SMS ‘DNES ON’ and your email address to 31050 or 123.
Android tip: Monitor data consumption on your phone using the Data Usage tool. You can set a Mobile Data Limit & Warning Threshold to view your monthly activity, see which apps demand the most megabytes, and configure usage warnings.
Head to the ‘Data usage’ menu in ‘Settings’ and check the ‘Set cellular data limit’ option. Set a maximum data limit and a warning threshold on the graph.
To view your data balance:
• Download the My Vodacom App. It’s pre-installed on most Vodacom phones and unlike other apps, it won’t use your data when performing transactions like checking your balance or buying bundles.
Search for it in your app store OR dial *111*277# and follow the link in the SMS you receive.
• Dial *111# from your Vodacom cellphone.
• Log in to My Vodacom online
Simply call 082 111, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone, or send us your query via Facebook and @Vodacom111 on Twitter.